Sunday, June 8, 2008

Sandstorm!

We are having a sandstorm! I would like to post a picture of it but you can't really see anything because it is at night. The wind is blowing so hard that it blew the door of Sarah's bedroom open and wind came gusting through the house, producing a high-pitched screaming through all the cracks--it's still whistling eerily through all the windows. The entire apartment is shaking and vibrating and we keep hearing things knock around outside. Visibility is terrible--normally I can see almost to the edge of Cairo, but today I can barely see across the Nile, which is only about 200 meters from our building!

If it is still going on in the morning, which I think is unlikely (although I am not intimately familiar with sandstorms) I will take a photo!

No comments: